(a11) Newsletter Redlines in Adobe Illustrator
We will use the existing Wireframes from assignment 09 and overlay on our existing assignment 10. We will change some attributes, add dimensions and style notes.
The following (2) items are due:
(a11-01) original file (.AI)
(a11-02) Save a Copy… (.pdf)
Use the existing assignment 09 and overlay on assignment 10 layout as a basis for assignment 11 redlines. We will change some attributes, add dimensions and style notes. Establish colors and styles for Text.
There are to be redlines and styles on a single artboard:
- Full credit for the creation of all steps shown to completion
- Change assignment 09 wireframe into a newsletter redline
- Properly organized Layers panel
- Appropriate dimensions noted
- All styles noted; h1, h2, body, etc.
- Proper hierarchy of redline elements in the Layers panel
- All objects named accordingly
- Logically grouped items
Things to consider:
- The Lines, Dimensions and Notes should be in their own (properly named) Groups respectively, all on a properly named layer.
- A white-filled Rectangle, placed on the redlines layer, should be used to “white out” the Design layer. Do not adjust the transparency of the Design layer.
- Lines are to have a red stroke and be based on rectangles from the wireframe or an actual line. No other shapes are to be used.
- Dimensions are to be filled red and be consistent in size (at least 14px). If denoting horizontal spacing, the text should run horizontally. If denoting vertical spacing, the text should run vertically (rotate 90˚).
- Notes are to be filled blue and be consistent in size (at least 14px).
Before final submission you will need to make sure all files are named properly and are being placed in a properly labeled assignment folder.
You should be sending me a ZIPd folder containing the appropriate files
- Create (1) one assignment folder: LastName-web114-a11
- Place properly named assignment file(s) in this folder.
- Right-click on the assignment folder and select Compress”…”
- A Zip’d copy of the folder will now appear
Submitting your assignment
- You are sending the URL to your ZIP’d assignment via an eMail app of choice
Send to :Martin.McCann@seattlecolleges.edu
- The Subject line should contain the following:
Web114 – a0(assignment number) – 0(section)
- In the body of the message should be a direct URL to this week’s assignment. If you are using the Edison server the URL should look somewhat like this:
Due – Week 11